Saturday, December 12, 2009

Reality

I walked down the surreal, stuttering landscape; stuttering and gasping for the last few breaths of air before she would be dead forever. The mood was in the air that something was amiss, a rip in the veil of the fabric that is our reality. No one really knew what, and I came to find that no one really seemed to care. I arrived at the supermarket, and walked down among the countless aisles around me. Towers of consumerism laid out from shelf to shelf, enveloping any careless animal that decided to wander to this masterpiece of consumerist obsession. I saw the men walk in. Men? I don’t even know if they were human. But I saw them walk in. They each carried a massive weapon, some sort of gun, but more severe than a gun. Did the other shoppers even see what was going on among them? Scarily hypnotized by the uselessness of petty human comforts, caught in a trance by these myriads of material decadence, the fight or flight response and any useful form of thinking was rendered oblivious.
I didn’t say anything to anyone because I guess I just didn’t have the interest. I got out of there though, I didn’t want to stand around all day wasting away in the temple of tainted life, the sanctuary of human sanitization. For some odd reason there were a bunch of people outside the supermarket, waiting for something. Well, I guess it wasn’t such an odd reason, considering it was the end of the world; or at least the end of an era or something.
I really wanted to see that building explode. I saw a few friends and chatted as I tried to hide my primal urges. I wanted the blood, the destruction.
I don’t want to wake up.
I don’t want to wake up.
I don’t want to wake up.

I’ve always thought this is where I belonged. In the dreamworld. My reality. What is reality anyways? Reality is whatever you want it to be. And in my reality the world is about to end, it’s always about to end. Catastrophic danger. No big deal. Just another day. We all shrug it off here.

I don’t want to wake up.

But I slowly start to lose composure and my world fades to black. Everything I wanted, fading to black. Sometimes it makes me sad when I get so close, but what can I do? What can I do? I can wake up.
And I do.

No comments: