Tuesday, August 18, 2009

racing planets

I wasn't really paying attention to much, I was just bored, spending another day in the space station. I was a test subject living up there. The government had put me here six months earlier to see how human-beings can survive in galactic conditions. Many of the others always fantasized watching space and planet Earth, but I hated looking down at our planet. I despised everyone there and I always just sat inside the station reading and talking to my space family. However, today one girl I knew ran to me while I was dozing off to some sci-fi novel in the private quarters. She was extremely excited and told me to come out to the observation deck. I ran out there and I remembered some talk about meteor showers; in another moment I saw one HUGE meteor go flying past the observation deck as I watched. It was beautiful, whizzing through space like a bird dipping into the ocean. You didn't see too much beauty up here, so an occasion like this was amazing. Next second I knew, I saw some huge mass go whizzing by again, but it wasn't a meteor. It was a planet. It was a purple-toned color and had a beautiful ring encircling its diameter. And in a second, it was gone. I was so blown away I was speechless, and I could not determine whether the visual I had just seen had been real or a private hallucination. Either way, the fact was settled. I wanted to get the hell out of here and onto that planet. I didn't want anything to do with that ugly fucking ball of piss water and home to a bunch of ugly fucking apes that we call Earth.

No comments: