Monday, June 29, 2009

dawgs

Haven't updated this blogspot for a while. Here is a thing I wrote for english class about a dream I had a while ago:

Here I am, riding in the passenger’s seat of an old car, passing by all the familiar sights of my small hometown. The grass rolls by as I pass fields and I smile indifferently at old homes and buildings that have been ingrained permanently in my subconscious being. I watch, in astonishment, at the sights present all around the small car. My company does the same. Eyes glued to the window, we all watch. And wait.
Explosions occur in the distance, where enormous masses of fire implode upon the Earth’s surface. Colossal, ominous black clouds choke out all sunlight on the horizon, and they slowly approach us, suffocating all hope and life in the process. All human life is slowly being choked out, like unlucky insects being terminated as pests. Humans obtain this new role, as small pests in the woodwork of a larger and more important purpose. I continue to watch the destruction of mankind as I stand on the threshold of humanity, and show little emotion. I take in the sights in juvenile bravery. No one in the car talks or even comments, as we are all stunned. Silence envelops us all. Time passes before I start to realize what is truly happening, what this scene is truly conveying.
I am young, simply a teenager. Staring a cold, black death in the face is overwhelming. I realize all the broken promises, all the broken dreams and dead emotions. I realize that I am unsatisfied and not ready for this end. Emotion consumes me, but it is not an emotion I visually convey. I continue to sit still in unresponsive unity with my companions. I close my eyes, and the world turns black.

No comments: